Sunday, May 31, 2009

You Only Have One Chance to Make a First Impression


Mr. Ringmaster, the Peanut and I went to a baby blessing today after which, the family had a small luncheon at the baby's grandparents' house. The grandparents had lots of great toys, including a collection of tricycles of various sizes. The grandmother saw the Peanut admiring the tricycles and pulled a cute little green one out of the corner for him to try. He loved it! I'm sure he could not believe his luck to discover a tricycle that was just his size.

With some help from Mr. Ringmaster, the Peanut climbed onto the trike and then just sat there looking cool. He managed to maintain his coolness until he tried to flirt with a three-year-old and her mother walking toward him. At that point, the tricycle tipped over and the Peanut fell off and bumped his head. So much for first impressions.

The good news is that neither he nor the little girl will remember this day when/if they meet again.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Mime just told me about your blog so I came over to check it out! He just keeps getting cuter all the time! I really want to see you guys again! You should come over and go swimming with us. Do you have a good day to get together?