The past few weeks and months have been packed with Peanut activity. Unfortunately, I am woefully remiss in my blogging about all of the excitement. I'm even worse about posting pictures. Unfortunately, most of my pictures are on my iPhone and, since I am completely techno-impaired, I have yet to figure out how to get them from my phone to the computer without having to email every. single. one. Any tips?
Anyway . . . . While scurrying about from activity to activity, I've noticed that Mr. Peanut is becoming quite the little ladies' man. He has always had a soft spot for his baby sitters and a couple of little girls from church. Lately, however, he seems to have ramped up his flirtations and expanded his flirting pool.
To illustrate:
While leaving his first day of preschool yesterday (Mr. Peanut is now enrolled in a two-year-old preschool class), he made sure to attract the attention of a woman in the parking spot next to our car and point out our new tire. She responded kindly, of course (how could you not want to talk about about a new tire?) and then proceeded to back out of her parking spot. As she was about to pull away, Mr. Peanut called out, "I like your windshield wipers." Smooth. Very smooth.
And today:
It seems that while Mr. Peanut has been sporting shorts, wife beaters and crocs, his regular fall/winter clothes have begun to shrink (I refuse to acknowledge that my little man is growing up, so it must be the clothes). Since the weather has cooled significantly, we decided to take a trip to the mall for a little wardrobe update.
We were hanging out in Striderite, waiting to purchase some snazzy new shoes. The clerk was helping multiple families at one time, so Mr. Peanut decided to kill time by working the room.
A little girl (who was about Peanut's age) was trying on some cute, little pink shoes. All of the adults commented on how pretty her shoes were. Mr. Peanut then approached the girl and, after introducing himself by saying "hi, my name is Mr. Peanut," he said, "I like your pink shoes." Seconds later, he announced to his little shoe girl, "I just burped."
3 comments:
Jen-Jen,
I am rolling with laughter! What a ladies' man you have created. A Glenn or a Phil in training? And the description of the wife beaters---what a vision! And don't worry--it's his clothes that are shrinking, he's still your little boy.
Jack-Jack
Jack-Jack!
Thanks for the validation - clothes just aren't made like they used to be.
A Glenn or Phil in training . . . hee! Now it is my turn to roll with laughter. I guess as long as I don't hear any shop-vac noises . . . .
I miss you! Keep meaning to call, but have been running little Romeo everywhere. Oh, and I got your message about Suzanne's daughter. How is that possible???
Oh that brought a smile to my face. Does this not make the terrible twos small and insignificant? He is so cute and will break many hearts! Love and miss all of you!
Post a Comment